30 May 2017

Re-Wilding... me? - The Detox Day 1

I don't intend to check in every day of this detox, but I felt that marking at least the first and last day were key. I am at the end of the first day, and a few things stand out:


  • caffeine withdrawal is real! 
  • I'm not as hungry as I expected.
  • I underestimated the side effects of a detox.
  • I am excited for tomorrow.

So here's the breakdown of the day. 

Pre-Breakfast + Breakfast

I had not yet written out my plan, but I did know I intended to start today. I started my day with a glass of water (no lemon) and waited a while for breakfast. I regret this choice, because I ended up having to pick up something to eat mid errands due to a gas refuel that took about three times as long (stupid machine). 

Morning Activities + Lunch

credit to: The Gut Health Project
As referenced earlier, I was very productive this morning, meeting my activity goal through errand running and shopping. I also enjoyed my detox water after prepping it. Here is the recipe, taken from the Gut Health Project.

I ended up having lunch with my partner, but he chose a place where I was able to choose something that works with my plan. I ended up with a Chicken Caesar salad (romaine lettuce, nuts, parmesan, and chicken) and a tomato bisque. I also drank another two glasses of water, and had a little taste of diet coke. I ate most of the soup and about half the salad.

Afternoon Activities + Dinner

I was productive this afternoon too, beginning a minimalism project, starting in my study. I found, however, that I developed a headache from lack of caffeine which made me sluggish. I didn't have an afternoon snack, but I did drink more of my detox water. 

Dinner is meant to be at six, and now I know why... I was hungry! I also realised I hadn't put any meat in the fridge, so I improvised with some tuna fish. I did add a little mustard to the fish to give it some flavour. I also roasted a mix of vegetables: green cabbage, Korean squash, half a potato, and spaghetti squash. I do not imagine eating all this tonight, but will use it tomorrow as well. 

Evening Tea + Final Thoughts

I ended up drinking some ginger (digestive aid) tea mixed with some wu yi tea. Yum. I went to bed feeling mostly good and woke up feeling great. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment